Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Frost cloth time - The frost and freezing weather is here now!

The past few days have been really cold here in the valley. Just in time for the frost, I purchased my frost blankets for the raised gareden beds. I found mine at Lowes.

Next step for me is to design a system that will allow me to hang this frost cloth over the plants with ease. It takes the fun out of things when hanging the frost cloth takes hours, lol

I will post some of my trial ideas for the frost cloth frame soon.

One other thing to say, remember that you can always use a bed sheet to cover plants and smaller trees if needed. I went to the Goodwill and purchased a few king size bed sheets for some of our more frost tender  plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...