Friday, July 16, 2010

Monsoon today!?!? Awww so close....

Well, you could feel it in the air for the last few days. The rain wanted to fall but never did. Sticky and muggy, the heat kept climbing today and then the clouds rolled in and gathered atop the mountains to the north. The wind rose up and blew around the bushes quite a bit, but never amounted to much of a monsoon. Zero rain to report as of now for my location.

Today was my application of seaweed, fish emulsion and vinegar solution. I wasn't sure if I should spray it since the rain look close, but I'm glad I did it now. I used a new hose end sprayer instead of the old pump spray bottle. It seemed to work much easier as far as broadcasting the liquid and all I had to do was stand there and aim the hose :)

I think I'll retire the pump sprayer to just our smaller container plants that can't take a powerful spray from the hose.

I did find a cool new friend! I'll post a photo as soon as I download it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...