Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Compost ideas

Finding it hard to keep the compost pile moist during this high heat of 110+. I've read that the compost pile should be like a wrung out rag, however trying to accomplish this will take some planning.

Thus far I have found that keeping a 5 gallon bucket filled with newspaper helps to always have something to cover the pile scraps. Once wet, the paper seems to hold in a lot of moisture for a few hours. Having a watering can filled with water by the compost pile is nice too, but I want a better way. The water can needs to be filled constantly during this summer heat. I need to figure out a way to have constant water at the compost pile whenever I need it. The hose is far away and by walking to turn on the hose it's the same thing as walking to fill up the bucket, and I can't have the hose on all the time because of the pressure on the hose end.

To be continued, lol.............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...