Saturday, January 15, 2011

Just made another hummingbird feeder


I just finished making a new hummingbird feeder. It's made from an old bottle I found out in the Arizona desert. I have wrapped this old metal bed spring around the old bottle and use it to hang the hummingbird feeder. There is a rubber cork that plugs the bottle opening which has copper tubing that ends at a copper flower tip.

The hummingbirds really love these feeders. I have over 13 hummingbird feeders in the yard and garden and most of them are home made like this one...I should think about selling some!

Remember not to add any red  food coloring to your hummingbird feeder juice! The red coloring is really bad for the hummingbirds, plus the hummingbirds will find your feeder in time anyway. I like to add in a few drops of orange extract for added flavoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...