Thursday, November 18, 2010

Added more flowers to the raised garden beds

So today I added a few more flowers to our raised garden beds to help attract even more beneficial insects. Even while the flowers were sitting waiting to be planted, they were being visited by strange looking flying insects. Very cool!

I can't remember all the names off hand, but I know some were marigolds, english daisy, cyclamen and pansy. I also was able to find some common sage and a couple globe artichoke's. I started one globe artichoke in the raised garden bed and will put the other globe artichoke into a 5 gallon bucket that I can move around into different locations if I need to.

I'll try and post some photos of the new flowers as well as pics of the alfalfa hay mulch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...