Friday, July 9, 2010

My three part organic fertilizer spray

For the past month or so I have switched over to this three part organic fertilizer spray. What is it? Great question!

1. Liquid seaweed
2. Fish emulsion
3. Vinegar
Optional: Molasses - to help knock down the smell when first spraying.

You apply this about every two weeks as a foliar spray, which means you spray the leaves, top and bottom throughly.

The amounts I use are as follows:

- 1/4 cup liquid seaweed
- 1/4 cup fish emulsion
- splash of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 1 gallon of water

Mix with water in one gallon pump sprayer and apply as you walk the yard. The smell is a little hard to take at first, however it quickly goes away and you get used to it :) I haven't been able to locate any molasses yet, so I can't say if that works to kill the smell. I hope to find some soon and give it a try.

A good tip is to wear old clothes because sooner or later the wind will throw some spray on you or your clothes!

I found this formula in a book called EXTREME GARDENING: How to grow Organic in the hostile deserts by Dave Owens. You can find this book in my Amazon links on the right side of this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...